Jake Poznanski - Index

Main

Index
About Me
Resume

Projects

RepRap
Mobot 2010
Mobot 2009
MK2 Torpedo Gyro
The Humway
Thingiverse Profile

Articles

Debugging Behind the Iron Curtain
Why do Google ads point to adware?

Software

Crazy Casino
TriPeaks
Paper Dash
Mars Runner
Spades
Hearts
FreeCell
Solitaire
Word Search
Ice Ball
Word Chief
Pirates Ahoy
RepRap Firmware
RepDev
RobotWinAPI
Vocoders

Tutorials

XNA Content Load
XNA Background Load

Media

Photography

April 23rd, 2012

We have officially founded Random Salad Games as a web and mobile gaming studio!

Please direct any support request for our Windows Phone and Android titles to the RSG website. Also, we have finished porting Word Search for HTML5, so if you would like to preview one of our most popular titles, take a look!

January 3rd, 2012

Check out Word Search and Tetriblox on your Kindle Fire!

October 29th, 2011

Just released Crazy Casino for Windows Phone 7! Play slots and video poker on your windows phone right now! It's super polished with great graphics!

August 28th, 2011

Trying a little experiment, ported over one of our games to run in a web browser!

Click to play TriPeaks Solitaire now!

August 8th, 2011

Just released TriPeaks solitaire for Windows Phone 7! If you like our original solitaire game, check out this popular new variety.

July 14th, 2011

Just released Paper Dash for Windows Phone 7!

April 29, 2011

Just released Mars Runner for Windows Phone 7!

March 6, 2011

Just released Spades for Windows Phone 7!

December 28, 2010

I will be working for Space Exploration Technologies in the summer after graduation! Recently, I have been writing some games for Windows Phone 7 and I will post some additional tutorials and updates about these soon.

Septemeber 21, 2010

My RepRap is in operation again after several months of downtime. It's great to see so much progress has been made on the extruder and hot end designs which gave me plenty of headaches in the past. I'm currently printing with a Wade's Geared NEMA 17 extruder and a hybrid hot end kit from Makergear. Things are working great, and this setup has been printing for 30 hours with no issues. I've posted a link to my Thingiverse profile where I'm starting to make my own creations now that the machine is debugged. and working.  I am also contributing to the FiveD_on_Arduino project to rewrite the RepRap embedded firmware using good design principles. This firmware works great, and I'm getting awesome print quality using it!

I also have a new project idea: a while ago I got my hands on the gyroscopic stablizer from a World War II era, MK 12 torpedo! Before the days of the microscopic MEMS gyroscope in your iPhone, engineers built ones using heavy rotating disks, spun up inside the torpedo tube, then fired off to guide a massive torpedo towards enemy ships. My plan is to get my gyro spinning again, using my RepRap 3D printer to print the parts I need. I have posted a few pictures, and will post updates on my MK2 Torpedo Gyro page.

August 18, 2010

After a great reception to my article on Speeding up Content Load in XNA, I've posted the second part of the tutorial, implementing a fast background loader for your XNA game. This tutorial shows how to combine the technique in my XNA content loading article with a system for efficient background loading without using extra threads.

August 11, 2010

I've posted a new article which describes a neat method for speeding up XNA content loading on Windows Phone 7. This should be really helpful for anyone doing such work.

August 7, 2010

Mobot 2010 was a success, our team took second place! I have posted the final version of the code, electronics, and mechanical design documents on the Mobot 2010 page.

I've been working on several games for Windows Phone 7. They will be available in the Marketplace on launch of the phone during the holidays.

Updated Resume posted for Summer 2010.

New RepRap improvements are coming soon, including a more reliable extruder based on Wade's design, reprinting several picky components, and redoing the electronics and software.

January 2, 2010

The RepRap Mendel printed its first parts today, after 2-3 weeks of painful bootstrapping up from a Makerbot, this stuff is trickier than it seems at first. Upgrades coming soon: better powersupply wiring, stronger more reliable extruder, heated bed, and reporting findings during build!

November 18th, 2009

I got accepted for a CMU SURG grant! This means another $1,000 to put towards Mobot 2010! I will try to post some more of the software side of things soon. I'm also getting prepared to construct a RepRap Mendel over winter break. I will probably be making two, one for the friend who will be working with me. The first step is to bootstrap with a Cupcake CNC probably, then create one Mendel, then convert the Cupcake back into a second Mendel.

October 26th, 2009

Posted some very early info about me and a handful of projects. Mobot 2009 deserves more pictures and videos, Mobot 2010 is still in active development. I haven't touched the Humway in three years so just trying to find all my old material on it.